Tuesday, September 2, 2008

Pirate Mittens

pirate mittens
Originally uploaded by vampirefan
Yay! I finished them! I think they came out pretty snazzy and I used way less yarn than I thought I would so there's still a lot of this salmony/pinkish yarn left over.

I then decided that I had to start another project so I cast on a hat. I learned a new cast-on method because I wanted something that was stretchy. After searching around quite a bit, it seemed that the Twisted German Cast On seemed to be the one people most suggested for stretchyness. I cast on the recommended 128 stitches 'cause I hate swatching and that turned out to be too much, so after a couple of rows, I frogged it and started over with fewer stitches - 116.

I guess that my thumb does a lot more work for this cast on 'cause the next day the area around my left thumb was killing me! It would cramp up and I had to keep massaging it to stop the pain.

I'm loving the hat though and the edge is definitely stretchy.

No comments: