Monday, September 28, 2009

Socks!

Well, knitting Commelina turns out to be a bust. The beautiful Somoko yarn completely overpowered the lace design. Furthermore, because of the lace pattern, the colors couldn't establish their own pattern and it just looked awful. see?

sample

So, although I would still love to knit Commelina, I think I'll save it for a solid color or for a variegated yarn with much, much longer color sections.

Now, I've been thinking about what else I can do to take with me for my trip this weekend and I'm thinking I might start another pair of socks. I have all that sock yarn! Only problem is that I have most of it in skeins and not wound into balls. I either need to invest in a winder/swift or find someone who can do that for me.

In preparation, I've found the toe-up cast on I prefer, the Turkish caston. Now I need to find a good heel gusset method.

I'm pretty sure I'm making the toe-up Jaywalkers.

Links:

No comments: