Friday, December 21, 2007

My New Knitting Blog

So, I've been thinking about how to use this blog and I finally know!! I'm making this my Official Knitting Blog!

I've suddenly rediscovered my love of knitting and just this month of December, I've finished about 9 projects (wristwarmers, hats, gloves and a scarf).

I made a pair of wrist warmers with some grey yarn I've had for about 8 years and loved them 'cause I happened to see mention of wrist warmers during some random surfing. So, I made another pair...then I made my first pair of socks...and I'm looking for more stuff to make.

I learned how to crochet and then to knit while i lived in Mexico during my teens. I crocheted doilies and other things that were all the rage at the time. Then I got into knitting. I did a few things, but never finished any big project. I found that knitting smaller things made me happy because I could actually finish them fairly quickly. So, I made baby booties and barbie clothes. I also learned how to knit on a manual, mechanical knitting machine. I actually made a mini-dress. um...not something i would wear these days though! I visited a real yarn store for the first time on Dec 2, 2007 and I loved it! So many yarns types! So many colors! My only real experience had been using Red Heart acrylic yarn. Also, I've just learned that I knit combined - although none of my stitches come out twisted - and I have to knit any ssk/k2tog the opposite to get the right result.

[ NOTE: I'm going to be posting all my current knitting stuff here, backdating to the dates I posted them originally. I'll get this bad boy organized eventually!]

No comments: